Thursday, 12 December 2013

Equatorial Group (music)

Another Facebook find on today's blog, courtesy of the lovely Jim Tipler of The Cajun Dawgs. Ages ago he shared a ReverbNation song called Lights Shine which I set to play whilst doing something else. The gorgeous instrumentation soon caught my attention properly, even despite the 'best' efforts of these tinny laptop speakers! I've been keeping an eye open for The Equatorial Group to be gigging locally but hadn't managed to spot anything since September in Seaford so I thought I'd just blog about them anyway!

The Equatorial Group are based in Eastbourne and are Helen Weeks, Teresa Goss, Andy Tourle, Bradford Gross and Dave Davies. I think they formed around April of last year and I love their description of their music: "late-night, languid americana that would soothe the heart of the devil himself." If you are as intrigued as I was, there are several songs on their ReverbNation page, plus this video that hopefully has embedded itself properly ...