Thursday, 6 June 2013

Two Bob Band (music)

Photo by Still Ideas
I know I'm in a minority with this, but I really, really don't like listening to Bob Dylan! It's not the music par se, but I find that his singing grates - a lot. Fortunately lots of other people have covered, and continue to cover, his songs! I mention this because a band I spotted recently on Chapter 12's website describe their music as 'Dylanesque'. The way they mean it, it's a good thing!

Formed in 2003, The Two Bob Band is made up of five East Sussex musicians, only one of whom actually appears to be called Bob (vocals, guitar, mandolin). Apparently there were more Bobs at the start! The others are now bass player and vocalist Mike, keyboard player Chris and guitarist Len, plus Nick the drummer when a big sound is needed. I'm not sure that Chapter 12 is big enough for the big sound! Their music recaptures the passion and spirit of the rock era with influences ranging from the aforementioned Bob Dylan to Neil Young, Grateful Dead, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Bruce Springsteen and The Rolling Stones. Equally as comfortable playing pumping blues or delicate ballads, You might already have spotted Two Bob at Hailsham Pavilion supporting the Lonnie Donegan Band, at Hastings' White Rock for Beatles Day, at the Beach Tavern or Blue Bar. I'm sure they will go down a storm when they play their Chapter 12 Tuesday Live Music Night.

Chapter 12, Tue 2nd July, 19:45.
Free admission but it is a bar!


No comments:

Post a Comment