Thursday, 25 April 2013

Land And Sea Scapes (art)

Eastbourne Prom at Dusk
by Paul Liddiard
I've been experimenting with +Blogger recently, particularly the various options it has for keeping up with other people's blogs. There's now a reading pane I see every time I log in that gives me headlines from other blogs I follow. This lunchtime, up popped a post from Gallery North about their newest exhibition, Land And Sea Scapes.

The exhibition will include paintings by John Amos, Jeremy Bear and Paul Liddiard. I've illustrated this post with Liddiard's Eastbourne Promenade at Dusk although this particular work will not be there because it's mine! I loved it so much at the Lansdowne Centenary Art Exhibition last summer that I bought it and am now excitedly hoping that I might spot a partner work at Gallery North. John Amos previously exhibited at at the venue's Festival Exhibition last autumn where I was quite taken with his drawing entitled Old Stone Steps and the acrylic work Snow Light.

As well as the above mentioned trio, and a broad selection of work in various styles and media by the Gallery's resident artists, Land And Sea Scapes will feature lino prints by Ian O'Halloran and new work by Sarah Drury.

Gallery North, Tue 7th May to Sat 6th July.
Tue - Sat, 10:00 - 16:00.
Free admission but donations appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment