Friday, 23 November 2012

Jasmin Stringer (artist)

Jasmin Stringer at the Art Expo
I met Polegate artist Jasmin Stringer when she had a stall at the Terminus Road Art Expo earlier this month. Having always lived in Sussex, Jasmin appreciates being close to both the South Downs and the Seaside and a number of her paintings feature the iconic views of Birling Gap and the Seven Sisters. Bright oil paintings of flowers, particularly daisies, sunflowers and poppies are another of her specialities. Her favourite flowers are poppies "because they always make me smile". She also creates tiny canvas on easel paintings which are great fun, and has recently got back into lino cutting. I bought a couple of her lino print cards that caught my eye at the Expo. Several cards have an adorable owl theme and I couldn't resist the red nosed Rudolf. He looks as if he is about to go sliding on the ice and I hope that my little niece will love him too!

Jasmin is one half of Sussex Art Studio,
the other half being metal artist Mark Stringer and you can see examples of both their works on their Facebook page. Jasmin will be out and about twice more at art and craft fairs before Christmas - details below - so you can snap up greeting cards or gifts! And I have also spotted her work in the window of The Polegate Cafe (opposite the One-Stop).


Polegate Art Group Exhibition, St John's Church, Polegate, Sat 1st Dec, 9:00-13:00.
Christmas Craft Fair, St Anthony Hall, Eastbourne,10:00-14:00. 

Lino print cards by Jasmin Stringer

No comments:

Post a Comment