Thursday, 7 June 2012

Amy Winehouse Tribute (music)

'Amy Winehouse' will be joining the line-up for the ever popular Tribute Concerts at the Eastbourne Bandstand this summer when Laura Jane Butler takes to the Bandstand stage.

Laura Jane has worked as a Cher tribute for the past twelve years but frequent comments on her similarity to Amy encouraged Laura Jane to start her My Winehouse tribute in 2007. She shares Amy's soulful voice with its distinctive husky rasp, and manages to perfectly capture the tragic singer's quirky style and attitude.

LJB: I was told how much I look like her as soon as she released her first song so I learnt the album Back to Black, I just knew she was gonna be a huge star...at first my agent at that time  said it would never take off, 4 months later I was their busiest act.

The two women also share the same East End roots with similar traditional family backgrounds.

LJB: I am a Jewish girl from London with a very similar family traditional background. Taxi drivers, hairdressers, tailors, market traders  its what they all did in the East End....back in the day...

The tribute act has gone from strength to strength in only a few years with The Stage declaring My Winehouse to be one of their top ten tribute shows in 2009. The concert will include great songs from both the platinum-selling albums, Frank and Back To Black, as well as other songs that Amy chose to perform during live gigs. Laura Jane puts this success down to the great inspiration that she is able to take from Amy's music.

LJB: Not only do I love her music especially the jazz side of her, I love her and felt her troubles as I had similar issues as a teenager [and] 20 + year old, but thank G-d not as serious.  I am older (not telling) and have got through the other side and thanks to Amy's music she gave me strength and confidence in her songs, and helped me pay for better things i.e. my van, my PA, better bigger costumes for Cher. I owe my Career to her. My passion is huge for her and I hope to keep her music and spirit alive.

Eastbourne Bandstand, Fri 19th July, 20:00.
Adults: £7.50, Children: £5.25 (or £1.50/£1 more each if you risk waiting to buy 'on the door')

Tickets are available online at http://www.eastbournebandstand.co.uk
from the Seafront Office, 
or by telephone on 01323 410611.

No comments:

Post a Comment