Tuesday, 15 May 2012

Voulez-Vous, Mamma Mia - the Concert (music)

I like to think that everyone has a soft spot for the music of ABBA. I'm probably very wrong about this but personally I love them! 

Amongst their many tribute bands, Voulez Vous are one of the best. My sister and I took our Mum to see them at the Congress Theatre on a previous tour and the three of us were exhausted by the end of the show from dancing and singing along practically all the way through! The group are now on their 20th Anniversary tour which is themed around the Mamma Mia stage show & film.

Expect great performances of all the well-known hits as well as a selection of lesser known songs, all backed by a band of talented musicians. For this tour, there will also be projected video clips of the original ABBA and from the hit film Mamma Mia to add to the atmosphere. Linda and Emma, performing as Anni-Frid and Agnetha, will have close to forty costume changes during the show and no doubt all will be as fantastic as only 1970s glam can be!


When I saw Voulez Vous, the theatre was absolutely packed. As the show is only just over two weeks away, if you want to go and haven't yet bought your tickets, I think you better hotfoot it to the box office right now!

Congress Theatre, 
Wednesday 30th May, 19:30.
£16 / £18.

No comments:

Post a Comment